Acoem Spectronus™ (formerly known as Ecotech Spectronus™) is the only high accuracy multispecies trace greenhouse gas and isotope analyser based on Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy. FTIR is a method that measures the absorption of infrared radiation by gases over a broad wavelength range.
ICOS network approved
In 2019, Spectronus™ was approved by the Integrated Carbon Observation System (ICOS) a compliant and highly precise technique for measuring greenhouse gases within its network of greenhouse gases measuring stations across Europe.
Meets WMO standards
Spectronus™ has been used for a variety of applications by researchers around the world for almost two decades. As the only multispecies greenhouse and other atmospheric trace gas and isotope analyser based on FTIR spectroscopy, Spectronus™ has garnered a reputation as the only one capable of meeting World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) standard for measured species.
Next Generation Spectronus: More user-friendly, requires less power & 19” rackmount compatible
The next generation SpectronusTM maintains all of the original unit’s capabilities and functionality – accurately measuring:
- carbon dioxide (CO2)
- methane (CH4)
- nitrous oxide (N2O)
- carbon monoxide (CO)
- CO2 delta carbon 13 isotope (δ13C)
- CO2 delta oxygen 18 isotope (δ18O).
Until recently, Spectronus™ was predominantly utilised in research applications, however Acoem recognised that there was a demand by environmental agencies and key industries for an analyser that could be used to measure multiple greenhouse gases and their isotopes together, with one piece of software, one set of calibrations, ease of operation and a competitive total cost of ownership.
To cater for more diverse markets, Acoem has developed a new, more flexible version of the Spectronus™ that puts accurate greenhouse gas and isotope measurement within everyone’s reach. Its user friendliness, rack mountable configuration and language options have been improved to further enhance the already accurate and functional analyser.
Discover more about the Spectronus™:
- Webinar – 27 Apr 2021 titled ‘Spectronus™ – ICOS network approved, next generation greenhouse gas & isotope analyser’
- Brochure – New Generation SpectronusTM trace greenhouse gas & isotope analyser
- Brochure – SpectronusTM “A+ protection” program
- News – SpectronusTMFTIR Analyser Gains ICOS Approval for Measurement of Greenhouse Gases
- News – Next generation Spectronus™ available now
- Bibliography – Spectronus™
- Description of the analyser that evolved into the Spectronus™ and its applications
- 2006 review of FTIR measurements in atmospheric chemistry
- Examples of development and applications
The new Acoem SpectronusTM is now housed in two parts for easy mounting within a standard 19-inch instrument rack.
For more information:
- Meet Michael Zeng and Keith Webster live on the Acoem virtual booth at EGU 2021 between 22 to 30 April.
- Watch Jost Lavric PhD present a 45 min webinar about Spectronus™ live on 27 Apr
- Contact Michael, Keith and/or Jost directly now at:
Acoem Head of International Sales
Based in Australia
Acoem Business Development Manager
Based in UK
Acoem Sales Manager Scientific Products
Based in Germany