ECOTECH offer a selection of options for Turbidity measurement. For individual Turbidity sensors in environmental or process applications we select Chemitec probes.
The Chemitec S461T Turbidity probe is an optical sensor in a Stainless / PVC body. The measurement is performed by using a 90° scattered light method compliant with ISO 7027 / EN 27027. The probe has a Modbus output for 3rd party controllers or loggers.
Chemitec probes are ideal for seawater, well water, untreated water, process water, industrial and municipal waste water, surface water and drinking water.
The smallest of the Tethys analysers, the EL300 is a simple and low-cost online controller for physiochemical parameters like ORP, pH, Dissolved Oxygen (DO) and Conductivity and Turbidity.
A higher accuracy and lower maintenance than traditional galvanic-style probes is enabled thanks to a fluorescence based oxygen probe. It’s modular structure allows up to 16 parameters that can be measured.
The EL300 is suited for simple process control and monitoring. The touch screen controls, optional 3G modem, Relay and Modbus output and web-based interface means that troubleshooting is possible from the internet on a smartphone, laptop or tablet computer.
- TSS by correlation
- Dissolved oxygen
CES Xact 920
The Cooper Environmental Services’ Xact 920 system uses reel-to-reel (RTR) filter tape sampling and non-destructive X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analysis to monitor aqueous samples for user-selected metals. Key applicable elements include Sb, As, Ba, Cd, Ca Cr, Co, Cu, Fe, Pb, Mn, Ni, Se, Ag, Sn, Ti, Tl, V, Zn.
The Xact 920 can be used in the following applications:
- Waste water and water treatment plants
- Industrial and mining influent and effluent
- Drinking water
- Food and beverage industry
- Surface water
- Sampling, analysis, and near-real time reporting (every 15, 30, 60, and 120 minutes in ppb)
- Automatic quality assurance, alarms, and control features
- Proven XRF and RTR technology
- Identification and measurement of 65 elements simultaneously
- Incorporates an XRF stability check with every sample analysed
- Provides an automatic daily upscale and QA check
The Aquaread AP 5000, which is not only portable but also multi-parameter, is the larger of the water monitoring probes. A range of standard sensors are included, and, like its smaller counterpart it also expands customisation options by enabling you to add extra sensors to the probe.
Made from tough marine-grade aluminium that has been hard anodised, all of the Aquaread probes are suitable for use in both salt and fresh water. Water quality data collection is maximised by using the extra sensor ports of the AP 5000 portable Aquaprobe. There are four ports for use in any combination of ISE and optical sensors.
Parameters Measured: Standard
- Optical DO
- Specific EC
- Absolute EC
Parameters Measured: Auxiliary
- Refined oil
- Freshwater B-G Algae
- Marine B-G Algae
- Fluorescein Dye
- Rhodamine WT Dye
Tethys UV300 Online Analyser
The Tethys UV300 is ideal for applications focusing on one or two parameters. It is a practical and cost-effective water analyser. The UV spectroscopy used is well-known for the low-operating cost and stability it provides. Nitrate, colour, Aromatics Hydrocarbons (PAH), organic matter and more can all be measured by this technology. Complementary modules also make possible the measurement of Fe, Al, PO4, C12 and NO2 via colorimetric method, and turbidity by laser diode.
The Tethys UV300 is appropriate for control and process monitoring, including touch screen controls, optional 3G modem, and Relay and Modbus output. Troubleshooting and controlling the instrument from the internet on a smartphone, tablet or laptop is easy thanks to a web-based interface.
- Dissolved Oxygen (DO)
- Chlorophyll A
- Aromatics Hydrocarbons (PAH)
- COD by Correlation
- TSS by Correlation
Extended deployments of water monitoring probes can often lead to bio-fouling. The Aquaread AP7000 Aquaprobe has been designed to avoid this common occurence by the use of a central cleaning system that ensures the fitted sensors are kept clean.
The AP7000 is a water monitoring probe that is multi-parameter, with a capability of 17 individual parameters at once able to be measured.
The probe includes Dissolved Oxygen, among all of the standard parameters, and also allows users to add multiple specialist sensors to the probe by way of 6 user configurable auxiliary sockets.
- Optical Dissolved Oxygen (DO)
- Specific EC
- Absolute EC
Auxiliary (6 from list)
- Refined Oil
- Fluorescein Dye
- Rhodamine WT Dye
- Freshwater B-G Algae
- Refined Oil
- Marine B-G Algae
Aquaread: Black Box
Keeping track of data is made easy by the Aquaread Blackbox, a data converter that enables any water quality probe made by Aquaread to be interfaced straight to logging, control devices or third party processing.
The Blackbox is cost effective data conversion, and will deliver the results needed with a choice of two industry standard digital interfaces (Modbus RS485 or SDI-12).
The Aquaprobe can then sleep between readings, which not only lowers consumption of power, but also upon awakening, a clean cycle starts before the taking of any readings.
- Integral barometric pressure sensor for Dissolved Oxygen (DO) and depth correcting
- Aquaprobes and Aquaplus compatibility
- Ability to output data from any Aquaread monitoring sensor: standard, optical or ISE types
- SDI-12 Digital interface
- Modbus (RS485) Digital Interface
GPS Aquameter – Handheld device with built in GPS data tagging receiver, allowing the meter to record the location of every dataset.
This means that you will always know where your data was captured. The meter does not require boot up or loading time and can be picked up and used quickly by anyone, allowing you to record your data with the press of a button. A parameter check is easy as the meter gives real-time readings through the display, effectively deploying your logging system.
- View data in Google Earth thanks to the built in GPS receiver enabling location tagging with every data set.
- Scroll left and right to view the display of all parameters measured.
- Press M+ to record a full data set including all parameters, GPS data and calibration data, recording your data set at the single touch of a button.
- Built in air pressure sensor for atmospheric compensation.
- Providing durability where its needed most thanks to metal AquaConn connectors.
- Sits comfortably in the hand due to ergonomic design, with a rubber gasket for wet conditions and extra grip.
- Data capture for up to 38 days thanks to new low power auto data logging mode.
Aqualogger – Unmanned logging devices for medium term deployment
Designed for short to medium periods of unmanned monitoring, the Aqualogger is a robust, rugged data logger.
It features a large 15,000 data set memory, houses a pressure sensor for barometric pressure measurement and it is powered by standard C cell batteries. Some of its many features are: a standard C cell battery; a huge 15,000 data set memory, and a pressure sensor for barometric pressure measurement. The AquaLogger contains an air pressure sensor to allow automatic compensation, and can be left in the field for long periods of time. It is rated to IP-67.
Depending on the Aquaprobe you have, there are two separate versions available for selection.
- Solid, reliable deployment thanks to a rugged construction
- 6-12 month alkaline battery life (dependent upon log interval)
- Huge memory capturing 15,000 full data sets, including data from calibrations
- Air pressure sensor in-house for pressure compensation
- Easily downloadable data through a USB into AquaLink
- Programmable event triggers that help increase logging efficiency under different conditions.
The AP-2000 Aquaprobe is a small yet advanced and rugged instrument that can measure multiple items all at the same time. It is made from aluminium, ensuring it stands the test of time against heavy weather conditions. It also allows you to change electrodes as you please to give the AP-2000 a wide range of usages.
- Small, light instrument that is portable and easy to carry
- Rugged exterior especially designed to be heavy duty in all kinds of weather and environmental situations
- Can measure depth, temperature, turbidity, EC, pH, ORP, ISE and optical DO all at the same time.
The S423/C/OPT probe is used for the optical measurement of oxygen in pure and process waters. The principle of measurement is based on the effect of dynamic luminescence quenching by molecular oxygen. Provided in a stainless body, the Dissolved Oxygen (DO) probe has no moving parts, is reliable and easy to maintain and has a Modbus output for 3rd party controllers or loggers.
ECOTECH offers multiple options for Dissolved Oxygen measurement. For individual sensors in process or environmental applications we select Chemitec probes. These sensors are ideal for sea water, drinking water, surface waters, fish farms and waste water.
- Reliable, accurate measurements
- No drift over time
- No system calibration necessary
- Minimal maintenance required
The Chemitec S461S Suspended Solids sensor is an optical S/S sensor. Similar to the Turbidity sensor, the Suspended solids measurement is based on a modified scattered light method in combination with the Beer-Lambert law to produce a Solids reading. Correlation of values with lab samples provides more precise site-specific readings. The probe has a Modbus output for 3rd party controllers or loggers.
ECOTECH offer multiple options for measurement of Suspended Solids measurement. For sensors in process or environmental applications we select Chemitec probes, which are ideal for sludges from chemical industry paper mills, biological process, food, and systems such as quarries, tunnels and aggregate extraction.
The Chemitec S401DIFF sensor is designed for pH measurement in applications where electrodes with the traditional reference system would not last long enough. It is a differential electrode consisting of a PVC body. This body houses: the glass electrode for pH measurement, the reference electrode with a salt bridge, and a KCI reserve guaranteeing a high stability of the reference signal in time, and at various operating conditions. The probe also has a Modbus output for 3rd party controllers or loggers.
- Designed for heavy duty applications
- Excellent measurement accuracy in all conditions
The Chemitec S411DIG sensor has no mechanically moving parts, and has a body made from PVC and graphite electrodes, making it ideal for reliable conductivity measurement. The conductive method of measurement uses the temperature compensation alongside the two electrodes. This measures conductivity in processed and pure waters.
Chemitec probes are ideal for all types of water measurement, including: seawater, drinking water, surface water, fish farms and waste water.
- Can measure in pure and process waters
- Provides conductivity measurement using graphite electrodes
Water Quality Monitoring Stations (WQMS)
Engineered to be nomadic, power self-sufficient, rugged, secure and with low maintenance requirement, the Ecotech Water Quality Monitoring Station (WQMS) is the ideal system to measure and sample water discharge or run-off. This system automates monitoring and collection then notifies when a sample collection is made or exceedance level measured.
Available in either:
- insitu (sensors in stream/dam) monitoring using an all-in-one sonde or individual sensors back to a logger and modem or
- extractive (water pumped to measurement chamber) monitoring using an all-in-one sonde or individual sensors back to a logger and modem or
- insitu or extractive with automatic water sampler for sample collection, both refrigerated and non-refrigerated
Tethys: UV500 Online Water Analyser
The UV500 is an online water analyser based on a high resolution UV-visible spectrograph. It allows the simultaneous monitoring of many different parameters for waste water treatment plants or river monitoring stations with excellent stability and low operating cost.
Teledyne Analytical: Hydrocarbon Water Analyser
The Model 4080 is ideal for the detection of Total Hydrocarbons in cooling tower condensate and offshore platforms. The 4080 Total Hydrocarbon in Water Analysis System has been designed to detect hydrocarbons (C1 – C9+) which may not absorb in the UV region. The Temperature Controlled Stripper System effectively strips hydrocarbons from water by cross flowing N2 over the packed stripper column. Includes a Drier Assembly to ensure a dry sample gas is delivered to the analyser.