The Cooper Environmental Services’ Xact 640 is a multi-metals continuous emissions monitoring system designed to simultaneously collect and analyse selected metals in samples from stack emissions. The Xact 640 system uses reel-to-reel filter tape sampling and nondestructive energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence (EDXRF) analysis to monitor stack hazardous air pollutant (HAP) metal emissions. An isokinetic sub-sample of stack gas is taken from the stilling chamber and drawn through a chemically reactive filter tape. Vapor phase metals, including mercury (Hg), are deposited along with the particulate matter (PM) on the filter tape.
- Simultaneously monitor for both mercury and hazardous air pollutant metals (up to 63 elements)
- Continuous, near-real-time reporting (every 15, 30, 60 or 120 minutes, in μg/dscm)
- Comply with Parts 60 and 63 of Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations; can replace Method 29
- Non-destructive analysis allows for sample archiving
- Recognized by the U.S. EPA as an innovative clean air technology (Clean Air Excellence Award, 2007)
- Alternative model Xact 645 is specifically designed to measure mercury (Hg)