The SWS-200 is designed for use in applications where accurate and reliable visibility measurements are required with the addition of WMO 4680 present weather codes.
The sensor measures Meteorological Optical Range (MOR) as well as reporting the presence of liquid and frozen precipitation. Precipitation is reported using WMO table 4680 codes for easy integration with aviation systems. A feature of Biral sensors is the ability to report precipitation intensity according to a range of national standards. The unique backscatter receiver gives the SWS-200 unparalleled abilities in distinguishing frozen from liquid precipitation, a key factor when determining the safety of aircraft operations. Whilst the 10m to 75 km visibility range makes the sensor suitable of use in meteorological observation networks and research applications.
- 10 m to 75 km measurement range (other ranges available)
- Instantaneous and averaged visibility outputs
- WMO 4680 present weather codes
- Compact forward scatter design
- Hood heating for use in extreme environments
- Window heating and contamination monitoring
- Serial data output (RS232, RS422 or RS485)
- Analogue voltage and relay outputs
- Optional analogue current output
- Comprehensive self-test capabilities