The VPF-730 Visibility sensor provides accurate visibility and present weather measurement in a compact and robust package, making it well suited to both general and offshore aviation applications.
The unique backscatter receiver gives the VPF-730 unparalleled abilities in distinguishing frozen from liquid precipitation, a key factor when determining the safety of aircraft operations. Present weather conditions are reported using WMO table 4680 codes to simplify system integration and compliance. An optional interface to the ALS-2 Ambient Light Sensor makes the VPF-730 suited for use in aviation applications where Runway Visual Range (RVR) information is required in addition to METAR data.
- 15 WMO Table 4680 present weather codes
- Reliable measurement in all weather conditions
- Highly corrosion resistant hard coat anodised finish
- Window contamination monitoring and compensation
- Unaffected by obstacle warning lights
- Easy integration of Biral ALS-2 Ambient Light Sensor
- Mains or DC powered
- 10 m to 75 km measurement range