Meteorological Monitoring Systems
ECOTECH is experienced in designing and installing weather stations, with our first system being supplied in the early 1980s. Our Automatic Weather Stations utilise our data acquisition systems and reporting software and meteorological sensors manufactured by ECOTECH or selected from leading manufacturers from around the world that, such as Vaisala, Met One, Climatronics and Middleton.
ECOTECH customises the weather station to meet our customers needs, from very simple solution to more complex ones.
Some examples include:
- A basic monitoring system for measuring wind speed and direction
- Determining the direction that odours, dust or other emissions may follow from an industrial site
- Planning emergency response actions in the event of strong winds that may damage power lines or knock trees or other structures onto roads and other critical services.
- Monitoring of forest/brush fires in order to predict the direction and speed that the fire will move as well as monitoring smoke levels at the weather station
- A more complex weather monitoring systems for determining wind conditions, relative humidity, temperature, pressure, precipitation, solar and net radiation in order to determine atmospheric stability enabling pollution dispersion models to be used to model the behaviour of air pollution.
Whatever the configuration of the weather station, ECOTECH utilises our experience not only in meteorological monitoring, but our expertise in data acquisition, communications and software to provide our customers with a solution that can provide real time and historical data and can be presented to the customer through formats that include onscreen display, web sites, SMS messaging or emails.