This Sunday, 5th June is World Environment Day (WED). The United Nations’ launched WED in 1974 to encourage worldwide awareness and action for the protection of our environment.
Each year, there is a different focus for the campaign. The theme for 2016 is “Go Wild for Life”.
However, any contribution to the protection of the environment is meaningful.
Here are 10 simple ways you can celebrate World Environment Day:
- Travel green – take public transport
- Discover your local parks and forests
- Green-up your workplace – take a potted plant into office
- Connect with nature – plant a tree in your backyard
- Ditch the disposable containers and pack a reusable or biodegradable lunchbox
- Volunteer with a local conservation, restoration or local eco-community organisation
- Start a compost for your yard waste and kitchen scraps
- Use cloth bags instead of plastic or paper when grocery shopping
- Raise awareness and share your contributions to WED by commenting below and hashtag #WEDEcotech #EcotechPtyLtd #worldenvironmentday #WED2016
- Join a registered WED event or hold your own – details can be found here: http://www.wed2016.com/wed-event-list
At Ecotech, the work we do puts us in a position to make a difference to our environment.
We look at what’s happening. Right now.
We help industries and communities combat the serious environmental and public health issues of today by enabling the measurement of key air pollutants and their impacts. In this, we are helping to quantify the magnitude and the effectiveness of the controls used for environmental protection.
We look to the future.
Looking only at the short term is not enough. At Ecotech, we work with research communities around the world to establish the effects of radiative forcing and greenhouse gases on global warming. Understanding the effects of aerosols in the atmosphere is vital in the search for solutions.
By providing accurate and timely information on environmental impacts, our stakeholders can make informed decisions to create a better place to live; now and for future generations.
Be an agent of change and go wild for life.