We know that when it comes to your environmental compliance responsibilities, you don’t take short cuts.
With the public and regulators becoming ever more demanding and vigilant, the cost of non-conformance can be debilitating to both your image and your career.
We can’t guarantee that your blasting operations won’t result in an exceedance, but we can guarantee a 100% capture of your blasts and 100% certainty that the recorded values are representative.
That’s a big claim, one which is unmatched by our competitors.
So how can we make such a claim?
Let us count the ways…
- operate autonomously 24×7, using solar power
- don’t rely on communication networks and can record events for up to 25 weeks
- are pinged continuously to ascertain their status – if they are offline, we know within minutes
- are triggered daily to test their recording status and download capability
- automatically switches to the previous firmware version, should a program cease to run
- automatically tests and record critical parameters such as battery voltage and network availability
- Customers are informed of faults within 24hrs, with quick technician response times
- Our Blast Network:
- uses a private Telstra 3G network for remote downloading and control of monitors
- uses two independent central servers, located in Sydney and Melbourne (Australia) for redundancy
- two independent fibre connections are used, as well as two independent power feeds, backed up with UPS
- two independent SQL servers for data backup
- an SMS messaging system to alert clients if monitors go offline
- data is available to view on the website anytime, within minutes after the blast
- website availability constantly monitored
- Our Quality Assurance
- We are NATA & ISO17025 accredited for blast monitoring
- We are audited yearly by independent assessors to check the validity and integrity of our systems, processes and results
- We maintain a primary reference microphone that is cross checked against two standards from Australia and overseas.
- We perform 2 yearly proficiency studies to ensure our vibration and over-pressure readings are within our stated uncertainty
- We calibrate our geophone responses against traceable voltage and time standards
- We check our geophone responses against reference geophones certified by NMI; the highest authority in Australia for these measurements
- We conduct field response checks on all our blast monitor microphones 3 monthly
- We conduct full frequency response checks on all our blast monitor microphones 12 monthly
- We conduct field response checks on all our geophones 12 monthly
- we conduct frequency response checks on all our geophones 3 yearly
- We check the electronics analogue channels every 12 months
- We review every blast waveform for quality and integrity to ensure the result is from the blast and not an external event
- We have an internal peer review system for sign off on all reports prior to release
- We have a custom written LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) to schedule and record all preventative maintenance tasks for each monitor
- Our People
- Our Ecotech technicians and engineers design and build our instruments. Our hardware is 100% Ecotech
- Our Ecotech engineers and technicians design and maintain our firmware. Our firmware is 100% Ecotech.
- Our Ecotech engineers and technicians design and maintain our software. Our software is 100% Ecotech
- Our field blast technicians are specialists in Dynamaster technology, system and process
- Our reporting services crew are degree level scientists and engineers based in Melbourne – all fully trained in blast QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control)
- Our blast services has a dedicated coordinator whose sole task is to ensure dependable and reliable results are delivered day in day out
- Our Support
- We are reachable on the phone or by email 365 days a year
- We are audited yearly by independent assessors to check the validity and integrity of our blast monitoring operations.
So for all our blast monitoring customers, we thank you for your trust.
We hope our obsessive/compulsive tendency gives you peace of mind, allowing you to concentrate on the important role you are tasked with: protecting your surrounding communities and environment.
Your job is demanding enough without having to worry about missed or unreliable monitoring results.
So. What’s the bottom line?
We think our obsession is worth it and the proof is in the results:
99.90% Raw Data Capture (that’s 999 out of 1000 blast events captured) = your peace of mind.
We’re Ecotech. Problem Soved.