Hyperlocal small sensor air quality monitoring system
** iFrame will be displayed once Cookie Consent is accepted **
AQMesh + Ecotech: The world’s finest reference quality gas analysers have teamed up with the best of breed small sensor* Air Quality monitoring system.
Combining AQMesh with Ecotech’s superior range of gas analysers will transform the way smart cities and progressive thinking organisations use the power of collective environmental monitoring to measure, report and adhere to air quality standards and regulations.
Ecotech is the exclusive distributor of AQMesh in Australia and India.
“Co-location comparison trials against certified reference equipment continue to prove AQMesh performance and reliability
for localised air quality monitoring”
Environmental Technology 2018, “Latest AQMesh co-location studies show capability of small sensor systems”, 14 Nov.
The tried and tested name in small sensor technology for commercial use:
• 98 published scientific and research papers*
• Thousands of hours of real-world trials and commercial placements in more than 30 countries
• No other commercially available small sensor system demonstrates better accuracy.**
Tier one trusted global supplier of reference quality Air Quality Monitoring Systems (AQMS):
• Superior design, manufacture, installation and maintenance
• Air quality monitoring pioneer with 40 years’ experience
• Serinus® gas analysers for reference quality monitoring of O3 , CO, NO, NO2, NOx,NH3, SO2, H2S, TS and TRS
• Hundreds of AQMS sites around the world consisting of thousands of individual pieces of reference quality monitoring equipment.
* Google Scholar as of 19 Feb 2019
** Environmental Instruments Ltd 2016, “Looking for a ‘low cost’ air quality monitoring solution?” “10 reasons why you should choose AQMesh”, 25 Jul
AQMesh + Ecotech Gas Analysers
Designed to work alone, together with Serinus® gas analysers or in harmony with new or existing reference quality AQMS:
• Practical, cost-effective, commercial indoor and outdoor use
• Greatly increase the spatial resolution of air quality monitoring networks
• Provides hyperlocal measurement and trend analysis over time of human exposure to air pollution.
“Small sensors are not currently a direct substitute for reference instruments, especially for mandatory purposes; they are, however, a complementary source of information provided an appropriate sensor is used.”
World Meteorological Organization (WMO), International Global Atmospheric Chemistry (IGAC) & UN Environment, 2018 May, “Low-cost sensors for the measurement of atmospheric composition: Overview of topic and future applications”
When multiple AQMesh pods are added together they deliver localised real-time air quality data that supports initiatives to reduce air pollution and its risk to human health.
It’s this ability to easily add, subtract, or relocate individual AQMesh pods where and when required that provides environmental professionals with a level of monitoring flexibility and scalability not possible with fixed-site reference quality AQMS alone.
One to Many
Strategically placing a high number of AQMesh pods around and between a low number of reference quality AQMS stations delivers hyperlocal monitoring results.
However, small sensor technology is not a direct substitute for reference quality instruments, especially for mandatory or regulatory purposes. That is why when AQMesh is used as a complementary source of information to augment and enhance existing reference quality AQMS networks, environmental professionals are rewarded with increased spatial resolution of air quality data. Increased spatial resolution of air quality data dramatically multiplies the opportunity for better understanding, insight and action.
- A city of 5 million
- 5 Ecotech reference quality AQMS stations
- 10-20 km apart
- Mixed land use over changing topography: Suburban, residential, commercial, industrial, roads, parks.
- Add 25 AQMesh pods
- Each pod 3-7km apart
- 5 AQMS + 25 AQMesh = significantly increase understanding of air quality at the neighbourhood level
- Target identified pollution hotspots.
The proven small sensor air quality monitoring system.
AQMesh is manufactured in the UK by Environmental Instruments Ltd and distributed exclusively in Australia and India by Ecotech. AQMesh has been designed to offer a robust and easy-to-use air quality monitoring system that can deliver localised real-time readings, improving the accuracy and scope of gathering air quality data to support initiatives to reduce air pollution and its risk to human health.
*When it comes to talking about hyperlocal air quality monitoring systems such as AQMesh… Good things comes in small packages. At ECOTECH, we choose to use the term “small sensor” rather than the common industry-accepted term “low-cost sensor”. It’s a small but big difference. In our experience, the term “low-cost sensor” negatively implies low value, low quality, low accuracy. AQMesh is anything but these things. Co-location comparison trials against certified reference equipment continue to prove AQMesh performance and reliability for localised air quality monitoring. No other commercially available small sensor system demonstrates better accuracy.